IEC offers a number of solutions for property, general liability, auto, worker's comp, bonds, life and disability. IEC has a long-standing relationship with Federated Insurance and have endorsed them. Please see the letter of endorsement. Contact Garrett Pepper at email@example.com or 901-412-0633 for a quote or free consulatation. Other IEC Insurance providers can be found on our Partner Page.
IEC offers a variety of solutions to health insurance for the electrical contractor in the ever changing and growing cost for this employee benefits issue. Along with these solutions that are list below, we also offer an "IEC Healthcare Reform Toolkit" that outlines the new healthcare reform. You should check with your healthcare provider for how they are following the reform, however the toolkit will provide you with some basic information. And, if you are a small contractor (<50 employees) and pay for some portion of your employee's healthcare cost, then you may be eligible for a tax credit.
As a member of the Atlanta Chapter IEC, contractors also enjoy the benefits and services of the National IEC.
Find another IEC member in Georgia or throughout the country with IEC’s on-line directory.
Find another IEC Chapter
A Management Forum is a confidential group of 10-15 individuals meeting regularly (monthly or quarterly) for 1/2 day or more to discuss matters of business and personal interest. Many members say this is one of the most important benefits they receive from membership in the IEC. More information...
Find Your Local, State or Congressional Representative - Through IEC Votes (click on left), you can contact your representatives, review critical issues to the IEC and get involved. You can also read the latest news, track important legislative and see how your voice can make a difference.
IEC Safety Services
Our safety services provide solutions to IEC members in two main ways:
- Direct training to your employeesC
- Consultation that can include development, review, implementation or audit of your safety program to assure your company is not only safe, but OSHA and NFPA 70E compliant.
- Safety Plan Development & Implementation
- Safety Audits & Inspections
- OSHA & NFPA 70E Regulatory Compliance and Preparation
- Management Safety Meetings including hazard awareness, PPE, job site awareness and personal responsibilities
Expert Safety Training
You can no longer just train your employees, you must document that training has occurred, and IEC not only provides the certification to you upon successful completion, but also keeps a record of all training. Training can take place at IEC's training center, your office, job site or other designated location. All coursework material, handouts and exercises are included. Click here for a full list of safety training topcis and our Safety Service Brochure.
Preventing Heat Related Incidents
- Beat the Heat
- Heat Exhaustion and Heat Strokes
- Understanding the Heat Index
- Insect Stings
- Hot Weather Safety
- Importance of Hydration
- Heat Stress
- Keep Cool in Hot Weather
- How to set up and stabilize a ladder
- Preventing How Weather Injuries
-ONLINE SAFETY INFORMATION
SPECIAL SECTION: OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION STANDARD
- Webinar: How To Meet the New Global Harmonization Standards
- Globally Harmonized System Hazard Communication
- Comparison of Old To New Hazardous Communication System
- Globally Harmonized Train the Trainer Guide
- GHS Tool Box Talk - Labels
- GHS Tool Box Talks - Label Elements
- GHS Tool Box Talks - Pictrograms
- GHS Tool Box Talks - Safety Data Sheets (replaces MSDS sheets)
GHS Poster for jobsites
More Safety Information
Drug-free Workplace (Get a 7.5% credit)
The IEC monitors Codes & Standards both at the National and State level in order to keep the membership up to date with the latest industry information. Below our links to both National and State standards that electrical contractors should be aware of when doing business. The IEC is represented on all of the NFPA code making panels and is also an active member on numerous local association groups such as IAEI and Metrocode.